The Crest West Vista at Puri is a midrange residential complex with one tower of 45 floors, for a total of over 1,404 units. Completed in 2019, it was developed on 3 hectares of land in Cengkareng, West Jakarta, by the Singaporean group Keppel Land. A second tower is planned to be built in the future.
I had a quick look at the property while staying nearby in Puri Orchard (review coming soon). I only took a few pictures while the construction was still ongoing. Therefore, this review will be shorter than usual.
Neighborhood and Transportation
In which neighborhood of Jakarta is The Crest West Vista located?
The Crest West Vista is located in West Jakarta, in the district of Cengkareng and the sub-district of Duri Kosambi. This is currently a rather local area, with mostly low-rise and low-income accommodation. However, it is developing rapidly with several large housing, apartment and office projects, especially along the Jakarta Outer Ring Road highway.
The main reason for that is the proximity to the airport and the affordable price of land compared with other areas of Jakarta.
How does it look like around the apartment?
The tower is located next to the highway:
By car, with normal traffic conditions, how far is it from:
– Jakarta Airport (CGK): 25 minutes
– Grand Indonesia Mall: 60 minutes
– Sudirman Business District: 55 minutes
– Kota Tua: 40 minutes
– Kemang: 60 minutes
Public transportation and access to highways:
– Nearest Transjakarta: There is a halt just in front of the apartment (Line 3E from Sentraland to Puri Kembangan). The halt Rawa Buaya (800 meters away) is more interesting as it has several lines going to Harmony and Grogol (2A and 3 in particular)
– Nearest train station: Rawa Buaya (800 meters away). Unfortunately, you cannot go directly to the center of Jakarta from this station. You have to make a stop in Duri station first.
– Nearest toll road: Jakarta Outer Ring Road (200 meters from the apartment)
– Nearest MRT station: None for the moment
What are the important landmarks nearby?
Nearby, there are a few landmarks you can go to:
Mall Daan Mogot (10 minutes): A low-to-mid-range mall with a Hypermart supermarket, a Matahari department store, an Ace Hardware, a XXI cinema and several fast food restaurants (McDonald’s, A&W, etc).
Puri Indah Mall (20 minutes away): A large mall targeting the upper-middle class with many popular brands (fashion, sports, accessories, beauty, kids, home, etc). It has a Metro department store, a XXI cinema, a Hero supermarket, a Celebrity Fitness gym, and an F&B area.
Lippo Mall Puri (20 minutes away): This new shopping center, near Puri Indah Mall, is more upmarket and trendy. It has Sogo and Parkson department stores, a FoodHall supermarket, fashion stores like H&M, Forever 21, Uniqlo and Zara, a XXI Cinema, and a Fitness First gym. It also has a good selection of restaurants and cafés.
Px Pavillion (20 minutes away): Upmarket boutique mall, just opposite Lippo Mall. It has a Gold’s Gym, a Ranch Market, a bookstore and several cafés/restaurants.
In the future, there should also be a mall inside the huge Ciputra International complex (currently under construction).
– Spar in Ramayana Cengkareng (5-10 minutes away)
– Superindo Duri Kosambi (5-10 minutes away)
– Hypermart in Mall Daan Mogot (10 minutes away)
– Pasar Jaya Cengkarang and Pasar Sayur Rawa Buaya are traditional markets with cheap fruits, vegetables and meat (less than 10 minutes away).
In Puri Indah (20 minutes away), you have several options like Hero in Puri Indah Mall, Carrefour, Hypermart, FoodHall (Lippo Mall), and Ranch Market in Px Pavillion.
Restaurants and Nightlife:
There isn’t much around for eating, except Indonesian warungs and fast foods. For more sophisticated venues, you will need to go to the restaurants in Lippo Mall, Px Pavillion, and Puri Indah Mall (all types of cuisine: Western, Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc). There is also an expat bar in Puri Indah called Double Doors.
If you like Chinese food and seafood, you should check City Resort Apartments (10 minutes away). In front of it, there are dozens of street food stalls that are only open in the evening.
There are some decent educational facilities, especially some reputed high schools (private and Christian), around 15-20 minutes away:
– Universities: Universitas Satyagama
– Schools: IPEKA, Global Sevilla, Springfield, Global Nusantara, Bukit Sion, Ichthus School West Campus, Notre Dame, Makarios are within 15-20 minutes. A bit further (20-25 minutes), you have the international schools Bina Bangsa and Tunas Muda.
– Preschool: Kinderhouse Taman Semanan Indah, Acacia House, Serenity School, Kinderworld Montessori
Several companies (like Lippo, Ciputra, Pondok Indah Group) are trying to develop the area of Puri Indah and along the Jakarta Outer Ring Road into a business district. Currently, there are already a few complexes such as Ciputra International, Puri Indah Financial Tower, and Lippo Office Tower.
Building and Architecture
Who is the developer?
The Crest West Vista is the first residential property of the Singaporean group Keppel Land in Indonesia. The second one, The Riviera at Puri, will follow in 2020. They also built the office tower “International Financial Centre” on Jalan Sudirman.
Keppel Land is part of the Keppel Group, one of the largest conglomerates in Singapore. It has built hundreds of buildings in several Asian countries, including the upscale Keppel Bay complex in Singapore.
Even though it still has limited experience in Indonesia, we can say that it has a good reputation and that it is trustworthy.
Who is the contractor?
I didn’t find this information.
What is the situation with the land certificate?
The developer has a Hak Guna Bangunan Murni, which means the property was built on its own land. As an apartment owner, you get a “Strata Title di atas HGB Murni”.
Design and Appearance
How does the building look like?
From Outside (Facade):
I took this picture of a model of The Crest West Vista, which looks a lot nicer than the original building.
Entrance and Lobby:
Garden and landscaping:
Corridors and lifts:
Size and Types of Apartments
The apartments’ size is approximately the following:
Studio units (1 bathroom): 30-34m2
1-bedroom units (1 bathroom): 42-43m2
2-bedroom units (1 bathroom): 60-64m2
Here are some pictures I took from a model unit (studio):
Materials and Equipment
What is the quality of the materials, furniture, and equipment used in the construction?
This is an evaluation of the quality I observed (ranked from 1 – worst – to 10 – best):
In common areas:
Tiles lobby: 8
Painting (wall, ceiling): 7
Lighting fixtures: 6.5
Gym equipment: 8
Pool equipment: 7.5
In the apartments:
Bathroom equipment: 6.5
Kitchen equipment: 6.5
Overall Quality: 6.9/10
Facilities and Services
What are the facilities provided in the property?
– Swimming pool (two basins, 1 for adults and 1 for kids):
– Other facilities:
– Facilities that I didn’t see (not opened yet):
BBQ area, playground for kids, jacuzzi, jogging track
What are the services available within the property?
In the future, some shophouses will be opened (canteens, laundry, ATM, minimarket, etc).
Are there issues with the electricity supply?
None that I know about.
Are there issues with parking?
There are almost 1300 parking spots for 1404 units. It seems sufficient.
Are there enough lifts?
Is the property busy?
For now, it is still empty because the handover is recent.
Is it noisy?
The surroundings of The Crest can be noisy since it is located next to the highway. You also have a mosque in the nearby kampung.
What is the background of residents?
The residents are mostly Indonesians (including many Indonesian Chinese).
Are there visible damages?
It is still new so it’s too early to say.
Overall maintenance rating: –/–
The cleanliness was satisfactory.
Overall cleanliness rating: 8/10
The garden was properly maintained.
Overall gardening rating: 8/10
– Guards: There are 24/7 guards at the gates of the property and in the parking area.
– CCTV cameras: In the lobby.
– Access: You need an access card to reach the lift area:
Overall security rating: 8.5/10
The staff is friendly and professional.
Overall hospitality rating: 8.5/10
Rooms and Prices
Prices at The Crest West Vista may vary depending on many factors such as the floor, the unit type, the room condition and the furnishings.
Be aware that you may also need to pay for additional fees: Service charge (IPL), parking fee, electricity and water bills, etc.
Here are a few examples of prices and ratios for this property:
Studio (30m2) – Well-furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: Approximately IDR 36 million (or IDR 3 million per month)
- Buy: Approximately IDR 600,000,000
- Break Even Point (Buying Price/Gross Annual Rental): 16.6 years
- Average buying price/m2: IDR 20 million/m2
Reasons to buy:
→ Developer from Singapore with a good reputation
→ Very affordable buying price considering the quality
→ This area is developing as a new business center
→ There may be an MRT or LRT station in Rawa Buaya connecting directly to the city center
Reasons NOT to buy:
→ Low rents due to an oversupply of apartments in this area at the moment
→ Many empty plots of lands nearby => More apartments can be constructed, thus keeping prices low
→ Average location (still far from malls, schools, offices, etc)
Would I buy this property? (On a scale from 0 = “not at all” to 10 = “yes absolutely” ):
The Crest West Visa at Puri
Jalan Lingkar Luar Barat No. 8,
Duri Kosambi, Cengkareng,
West Jakarta 11750, Indonesia
Website: The Crest West Vista at Puri
I do my best to write honest and detailed reviews of the apartments I visit. If you disagree with my rating, please let me know why and leave your own rating at the end of this page.
- Trust-worthy Singaporean developer.
- Good quality construction.
- Luxurious facilities: Gym, pool, tennis court, garden.
- Location near the highway and only 20 minutes to the airport.
- Surroundings of the property not very interesting.
Be the first to leave a review.