LocationThe strategic location of Sudirman Park is its main selling point. It is 45 minutes away from the airport, and less than 20 minutes from most offices and malls within the Central Business District of Jakarta (Kuningan, Mega Kuningan, Thamrin, Senayan, Sudirman, Setiabudi).
Sudirman Park is part of Tanah Abang, a major subdistrict of Jakarta home to:
- The largest textile market in Southeast Asia
- Some major malls (Grand Indonesia, Thamrin City, Senayan City, FX Sudirman, Ratu Plaza), perfect for going out during the day or in the evening.
- Dozens of skyscrapers and office buildings (mostly along Jalan Sudirman, Jalan Gatot Subroto and Jalan K. H. Mas Mansyur), such as BNI Tower, Intiland, Sahid Business Center, Menara Batavia, Menara Astra, Midplaza Complex.
- In the west of Tanah Abang, the area is less developed and mostly residential. Many Betawi people live there, in low-cost houses. They are reputed to be conservative and religious.
TransportationSudirman Park is along Jalan K.H. Mas Mansyur, an important road only 5 minutes from Jalan Sudirman (the most strategic street in Jakarta). You can also reach Jalan Gatot Subroto (to the airport or to East Jakarta), Jalan Tentara Pelajar (to South Jakarta) and the flyover Casablanca (to Tebet) rather easily. Because of these, going by car to or from Sudirman Park is very convenient. If you don’t own a car, there is a Blue Bird taxi pool waiting outside the complex. Uber or Grab Car drivers are also allowed inside. All of them will know Sudirman Park. Using public transportation is not as easy, but it can be interesting as long as you don’t mind walking 8-10 minutes to the nearest station, Karet. Karet is a small Transjakarta halt, with 1 stop on the line 8C from Tanah Abang Station to Gandaria City Mall. What’s more useful is the KRL train stop that allows you to ride the Yellow line between Bogor and Jatinegara (via Tanah Abang, Angke, Pasar Senen).
Design and Architecture
Sudirman Park looks like any other budget residences in the city. It is made of 4 towers, each built next to each other. They are massive concrete blocks with small windows and balconies, painted in a uniform light grey. Obviously, the developer tried to pack as many apartments as possible in a limited space.Each tower has its own lobby: A simple space with a reception desk and a sofa for waiting. There is also a larger lobby, that looks more prestigious, in the central tower. I arrived through this one and it gave me a good impression of the property: There are marble tiles, smartly-dressed receptionists, Indonesian handicrafts on display, and comfortable seats. Other common areas look less impressive. The lagoon-shaped swimming pool is not too bad but it suffers from being in the shade most of the day. There aren’t many trees as well to make you forget this concrete jungle. I also found the colors used and the design to be old-fashioned.
Materials used in the building of Sudirman Park are budget ones, consistent with a 2 or 3-star property. Only in the lobby, you will find more expensive things like the marble tiles and the artworks.
Facilities and Services
Living in Sudirman Park is quite convenient as you have many services and facilities available:
– A very large swimming pool (actually several basins, some of which are connected with each other). Perfect for swimming, especially during the week, but the water temperature is cold. It gets crowded on Sundays and the whole area can feel messy. There is a restaurant on site which is a bit smelly.– A playground for kids around a garden. – A basic gym – Several ATMs (BCA, BNI, BRI, Mandiri) – Many services like salons, massage, banks, travel, property, interior design, daycare, etc. – Indonesian restaurants and coffee shops (5 minutes walk), including a Sederhana. – Several minimarkets and 1 that opens 24-hour – A clinic open 24-hour – A cafe open 24-hour I also read that there was a tennis court, a sauna and a jacuzzi but I didn’t try them.
Sudirman Park is busy, with diverse, low-to-middle income residents. You can expect crowded elevators, a crowded reception and a crowded pool most of the time. The residents can be noisy, and sometimes dirty.
The management company of Sudirman Park, Innercity, belongs to the Agung Podomoro Land group and it is not always reliable. While it does a good job in some properties, in other ones, it is problematic.This is the case with Sudirman Park. It was built 10 years ago yet sometimes you wonder if it is not 30 years. I noticed a lot of damaged equipment or materials, in particular in the swimming pool area and in the corridors. Painting and waterproofing would be among the most urgent jobs as you can see in this photo (quite representative of the whole property):
The cleanliness of Sudirman Park should be improved. The corridors were very dirty for instance:
Guards are on duty 24 hours at the gate and in each lobby. You cannot access the lift without a card, and you need it as well to reach your floor.
The staff at the reception and the cleaners were nice. The security guards were a bit annoying as they didn’t want me to take pictures.
Rooms and Prices
Prices at Sudirman Park may vary depending on the floor, the unit type, the room condition and the furnishings. Be aware that you may also need to pay the service charge, the IPL (Iuran Pemeliharaan Lingkungan), the parking, the electricity, the water, etc.The apartment range varies from 1-bedroom units (starting 31 m2) to 3-bedroom units (starting 68m2). On average, you will pay the following:
1-Bedroom Type (31m2) – Furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 4.5M per month
- Buy: IDR 850.000.000
- Buying Price/Gross Annual Rental: 15.75
2-Bedroom Type (48m2) – Furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 5M per month
- Buy: IDR 1.000.000.000
- Buying Price/Gross Annual Rental:16.67
3-Bedroom Type (68m2) – Furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 7.5M per month
- Buy: IDR 1.500.000.000
- Buying Price/Gross Annual Rental:16.67
In my opinion, the selling price of Sudirman Park is too high compared to the current rental price. There are better opportunities in Jakarta at the moment.Furthermore, the condition of the maintenance is worrying. I doubt the selling price can increase significantly considering the state of some of the facilities.
AddressSudirman Park Jalan Kh. Mas Mansyur Kav. 35 RT.11/RW.09, Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta 10250, Indonesia Phone: +62 21 57943000
- Affordable prices for this neighborhood
- Many convenient services and facilities
- Well-known address, busy, easy for making friends
- Many cheap restaurants and street food
- Large complex, impersonal, sometimes messy
- Crowded facilities after 6 PM and on weekends
Be the first to leave a review.