Maple Park Residences
Maple Park is a budget residential complex in Kemayoran. It consists of two massive towers, simply called A and B, of 28 floors each. Tower B was completed in 2009 and Tower B more recently.
This article is a complete review of my stay there (in Tower A).
- 1 Location
- 2 Quality
- 3 Comfort
- 4 Management
- 5 Prices
Position in Jakarta
Maple Park is between Kemayoran and Sunter, two areas of North Jakarta about 40 minutes from Central Jakarta (Thamrin) and 50 minutes from the airport.
Kemayoran used to be the location of the Jakarta airport until it closed down in 1985. Following that, the land was almost empty except for industrial sites, warehouses, and slums. Few high-end houses were built there as it is a low-level area, prone to flooding (this led the government to build the artificial lake of Sunter).
In the past recent years, several condominiums have been built, as well as a golf course and the JIExpo exhibition center. With these, Kemayoran has gained in attractiveness, and I’m certain that within 10 years it will be a great place for living. For now, it is still underdeveloped, to be honest.
Places of Interest Nearby
There aren’t many things to do around Maple Park, unfortunately, but it is within a short car ride from the following places:
– Food Centrum (5 minutes away): A mall with over 20 restaurants and a Celebrity Fitness Gym
– Gandhi International School (5 minutes): The new campus of the Indian international school of Jakarta
– Mitra Kemayoran Hospital (5 minutes): A local hospital with reasonable prices
– Jakarta International Expo (JIExpo) (10 minutes): The major convention and exhibition center in Indonesia
– Mega Glodok Kemayoran (10 minutes): An electronic and professional equipment mall with a Hypermart supermarket in its basement
– Golf Kemayoran (8 minutes): One of Jakarta’s golf courses. Maple Park used to be called Maple Park Golf View but the view has been blocked by The Mansion Residences.
For now, there are no interesting malls nearby. The closest one is Sunter Mall (less than 10 minutes by car), which target the middle class with cheap unbranded shops and fast food restaurants (KFC, Domino’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc). A Carrefour supermarket is attached to it.
Maple Park is near an intersection of connecting it to major districts of North Jakarta (Ancol, Kelapa Gading, Pulo Mas). The roads are large and yet, as elsewhere, they can be jammed with traffic at peak hours, especially Jalan HBR Motik.
Transjakarta is not really convenient as there is only one line (12) available, from Tanjung Priok to Pluit, and the halt is more than 10 minutes away from Maple Park.
The neighborhood around Maple Park is not very interesting in my opinion. On one side, you have the upmarket apartments of The Mansion (and the golf course) and on the other side, you have a low-income neighborhood waiting to be razed (and replaced by towers). All around, the large roads mentioned earlier make it impossible to go anywhere by foot (no pedestrian bridges).
Maple Park was developed by the group Pikko, also behind other properties such as Thamrin City or Sudirman Park. Most of their projects target middle-class customers.
Design and Architecture
The design of Maple Park is not particularly striking. The towers are massive, L-shaped concrete structures designed to fit as many apartments as possible inside. Windows are small, and you can see the aircon units/laundry on the tenants’ balconies.
The quality of the building corresponds to the standards of a budget complex. Reasonably-priced materials and equipment were used. Value for money was favored over esthetics.
The quality of the finishes is decent. The major issue I found were paint drips, as often in this type of buildings.
The facilities of Maple Park consist of the following:
– A rather long, resort-style swimming pool that is actually made of two separate pools. The water was somewhat greenish on one side and kids game were rusted.
– A full gym on two floors with professional equipment (Johnson Fitness brand): Treadmill, elliptical, bike, free weight, machines, etc.
– A basketball court, a short running track, a playground for kids, a jacuzzi (not working when I visited), a small garden.
There are enough services in the ground floor of Maple Park so that you don’t need to go outside except for important shopping:
– Indomaret convenience center, ATM Link, canteen (closed on Sunday), coffee shops, laundry, a property agent, a barbershop.
Outside of the residence, there are a few more warungs and street sellers.
There is also a pre-school Xavier Remiel.
The residence is large, with over 1200 units. I guess that most apartments are rented as the public areas are always busy. The atmosphere is laid-back, with quite many families from the middle class.
If you keep your windows open, be warned that the road below Maple Park is very noisy (especially with motorbikes going full speed at night).
The Management of Maple Park has been subject to several complaints from its residents over the past few years. The issues ranged from a lack of security to improper maintenance. There were also problems with the yearly increase of the service charge and some fees charged to each owner.
The maintenance of Maple Tower is average. The building has more than 5 years and yet it looks much older. I observed some critical issues, such as a missing button in the elevator, damaged equipment (the fountain in the garden is not working), rust in the kids’ water games, etc. The corridors could use some repainting as well.
The cleanliness is ok but it could be improved (especially the swimming pool).
To access your room, you will need to face 1 human check at the 24-hour lobby and then 1 electronic check to access your unit’s floor. There are also security guards at the gate of the residence.
My interactions with the staff were limited but anyone I talked to was friendly.
Prices at Maple Park may vary depending on the floor, the unit type, the room condition and the furnishings. On average, you will pay the following:
Studio Type (33m2) – Furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 2.8M to IDR 3M per month
- Rental 1 Month: IDR 3.5M to IDR 4.5M per month
2-Bedroom Type (50m2) – Furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 5M to IDR 6M per month
3-Bedroom Type (68m2) – Furnished
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 5.5M to IDR 7M per month
Maple Park Residences
- I was happy with the facilities and services provided.
Be the first to leave a review.