The Mansion at Dukuh Golf Kemayoran
The Mansion at Dukuh Golf Kemayoran is a large residential complex that consists of 7 towers of 37 floors, split into two clusters: Jasmine and the more recent Bougenville. Attached to the Kemayoran Golf Course, it was completed between 2014 and 2017.
I stayed a few days in the Bougenville cluster (in Emerald Tower) and this is my full review of it.
- 1 Location
- 2 Quality
- 3 Comfort
- 4 Management
- 5 Prices
- 6 Address
Position in Jakarta
The Mansion is in Kemayoran, a district of North Jakarta where the Kemayoran airport used to be located (it closed in 1985 and was transferred to Halim Perdanakusuma, and then Cengkareng).
With the empty land from the airport, several projects were built including Kemayoran Golf, the Jakarta International Expo and some high-rise towers like those of the Mansion.
The position of the complex is about 10 kilometers from Jalan Sudirman (30 minutes by car) and 30 kilometers from the airport (50 minutes by car). It is not exactly central but still reasonable.
Places of Interest Nearby
I don’t find Kemayoran to be an exciting part of Jakarta, and this is particularly true around The Mansion. At the moment, there is almost nothing to do there apart from the following:
– Kemayoran Golf Course (100 meters)
– JIE Expo (800 meters): The largest convention and exhibition center in Jakarta. They often welcome concerts and festival. If you own an apartment in The Mansion, I’m sure there are nice opportunities for renting your place during special events (The Djakarta Warehouse Festival for instance).
– Gandhi International School (1,500 meters away): The new campus of the oldest international school in Jakarta. Many Indian teachers and students. Reasonable price.
– Food Centrum (5 minutes away by car): A food mall, it features about 20 mid-to-upper market Asian restaurants. There is also a Celebrity Fitness Gym.
– Rumah Sakit Mitra Kemayoran (5 minutes): A local hospital
– Mega Glodok Kemayoran (5 minutes): An electronic mall with a Hypermart supermarket in its basement
– Ancol (amusement park, beach) is 10-15 minutes away.
The advantage of this part of town is that it offers good value for money at the money, while still being central. It will probably improve in the near future as well: For instance, in 2020, a new luxury mall will be built in the upcoming project Menara Jakarta only 5 minutes from the Mansion.
Transportation is only possible by car or motorbike as there are no bus stations and no train stations very near from the Mansion. Walking is also useless as there is nowhere to go to for now even if you walk 10 minutes around the residence.
The closest highway is the Ancol exit of the Jakarta Inner Ring Road.
I didn’t like the neighborhood around The Mansion. First, you have an awful stench coming from the nearby polluted river (which is also a haven for mosquitoes). Second, there are several construction sites nearby so it is often dirty and noisy. Third, as mentioned previously, there is absolutely nothing to do in the neighborhood: All you can see are towers and huge highways.
The Mansion was developed by the property group Agung Sedayu which was behind several large projects such as Bukit Golf Mediterania, Taman Anggrek Apartments, Senayan Residence or District 8.
Design and Architecture
From far away, the towers look pretty (partly because they are new), but the design is not particularly original. The same can be said about most common areas, including the lobby.
On the contrary, the garden and the swimming pool area give an impression of luxury, emphasized by the greenery from the golf course next to it. On weekends, it is really relaxing to hang out there as you could almost believe you are in a holiday resort.
The quality of the building is definitely that of a 4-star hotel. For instance, granite and marble are used in the lobby, the elevator and the corridor on the first floor.
Finishes seem to be excellent in the whole property. I didn’t observe any major or minor flaws in the construction.
The facilities of The Mansion consist of the following:
– A long, olympic-sized swimming pool that has the particularity of being a mix between a rectangular and a lagoon-style one. Ideal for swimmers but be warned that it gets rather crowded with kids on weekends. Clean, crystal-clear water. The sunbeds are directly exposed to the sun, without any umbrellas, so it was not really comfortable to stay there in the middle of the afternoon.
– A full gym with top-quality equipment (Technogym): Treadmill, bikes, elliptical bikes, free weight, multi-function machine, benches, etc.
– A BBQ area.
– A yoga room.
There weren’t many services when I stayed at the Mansion, especially in Bougenville cluster. That said, many shops were due to open within the following weeks (an Indomaret). I guess in a couple years all ground floor area will be filled with shops and services. For now, you have to be patient and walk to the other cluster (Jasmine), where you will find a Daily Food Hall (supermarket), a Zap Laundry, a Bengawan Solo restaurant, etc.
UPDATE 2018: I visited again recently and I found out that a nice food court had opened next to the Daily Food Hall Supermarket. It is small but at least you can eat something without having to order food or take a car.
The residence is rather quiet and calm. There isn’t much life due to the lack of shops or restaurants within the building. It seemed a large part of residents were young people, single or in a couple without children. On weekends, there are also visitors who come to enjoy golfing or to attend events in JIExpo.
The property was still brand new when I visited so I couldn’t fault the maintenance. Everything was working perfectly and the condition of the building was excellent.
All was very clean.
To access your room, you will need to face 2 human checks (at gate entrance and tower lobby) and 2 electronic checks (to access the lift and to access your floor). Guards were on duty 24 hours.
Everything went well with the staff.
Prices at The Mansion may vary depending on the floor, the unit type, the room condition and the furnishings. On average, you will pay the following:
1-Bedroom Type (31m2) – Furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 4M to IDR 5M per month
- Buy: IDR 600,000,000 to IDR 750,000,000
2-Bedroom Type (48m2) – Furnished:
- Rental 1 Year: IDR 5M – 6M per month
- Buy: IDR 850,000,000
2-Bedroom Type (70m2) – Furnished
- Buy: IDR 1,000,000,000
One important thing to know before buying an apartment in Kemayoran is that most of the land is owned by the Government (including The Mansion). This means the developer only has a land certificate called HGB di atas HPL. It is not full ownership (Hak Milik).
This certificate is valid for 50 years, but then it is not sure what will happen. The developer might extend the permit, or he might give the property back to the Government. What is almost certain is that the owners of apartments will have to pay someone, or worse, lose their apartment.
The Mansion @ Dukuh Golf Kemayoran
North Jakarta, 14410, Indonesia
- Upcoming neighborhood, smart investment
- Relatively central
- Not many services or restaurants near the residence
Be the first to leave a review.