Apartemen Permata Hijau is a luxury residential complex with 3 towers of 11 floors each for a total of 182 units. Completed in 1995, it was built in a colonial architectural style which is rather iconic and impressive when seen from outside.
I visited it with an agent, and this is my full review of it:
Neighborhood and Transportation
In which neighborhood of Jakarta is Apartemen Permata Hijau located?
Apartemen Permata Hijau is located in the district of Kebayoran Lama, but it is more accurate to include it in the neighborhood of Permata Hijau. The latter is an affluent residential area, popular with both expats and Indonesians due to its proximity to Senayan. It has a mix of low-rise housing, mainly large villas, and high-rise apartments (ITC, Bellezza, Somerset, Providence Park, Permata Hijau Residence, etc).
How does it look like around the apartment?
Jalan Arteri Permata Hijau has a lot of traffic and it is polluted, but the smaller streets in the neighborhood are more pleasant and quiet.
Note: The sidewalk outside the complex is in a poor condition:
By car, with normal traffic conditions, how far is it from:
– Jakarta Airport (CGK): 55 minutes
– Grand Indonesia Mall: 45 minutes
– Sudirman Business District: 25 minutes
– Kota Tua: 65 minutes
– Kemang: 40 minutes
Public transportation and access to highways:
– Transjakarta: Permata Hijau (300 meters away)
– Train: Kebayoran (2 km away)
– MRT: Senayan (3 km away)
– Toll road: Jakarta Inner Ring Road (4km away)
These are the important landmarks nearby:
Walking distance, you can go to ITC Permata Hijau, a middle-class mall that has cheap unbranded shops and a food court. Just across the street, the Bellezza Shopping Arcade is more upmarket and features some random shops and offices. Not large enough for real shopping, but you can find decent restaurants, a karaoke, a fitness center, and a supermarket.
For more options, you should go by car to Senayan City, Plaza Senayan, or Gandaria City, about 10-15 minutes away.
The nearest supermarket is Carrefour in ITC Permata Hijau. It is large and affordable, but the quality of fresh products can be disappointing. For this reason, I recommend going to FoodHall in Bellezza Mall or to Hero Permata Hijau instead (both about 500 meters away from the residence).
The nearest restaurants are in ITC Permata Hijau (cheap) and in Bellezza Mall (average).
Bars and Nightlife:
The nearest nightlife bars, clubs and cafés are in Senopati, Senayan and SCBD.
– Universities: Pertamina, Moestopo, Binus, Al-Azhar, Atma Jaya Semanggi
– Schools: Binus, Jakarta Intercultural School (Pattimura campus for elementary), SMA Al-Azhar, Hope International School, Heritage School
– Preschool: Lollikids Montessori, iSmile
If you have a serious condition, I recommend going a bit further to Pondok Indah Hospital or to Siloam Semanggi.
The nearest real park is Gelora Bung Karno City Park (15-20 minutes away)
Building and Architecture
Who is the developer?
The developer of Apartemen Permata Hijau was PT Masato Prima, a joint venture between:
– Lippo Group: An enormous conglomerate, owner of many properties including Kemang Village
– PT Metropolitan Linggajaya: Owner of Kristal Hotel in Pondok Indah
– PT Aditya Toa Development: Owner (or part-owner) of Plaza Indonesia, Fairmont Hotel, Hermitage Hotel, and possibly Botanica Apartments. This company is a joint venture between Hashim Djojohadikusumo (brother of Prabowo Subianto), Kajima Corporation, and Herry Wijaya
Who is the architect?
I didn’t find this information.
Who is the contractor?
I didn’t find this information.
What is the situation with the land certificate?
The developer has a Hak Guna Bangunan Murni, which means the property was built on its own land. As an apartment owner, you get a “Strata Title di atas HGB Murni”.
Design and Appearance
How does the building look like?
From Outside (Facade):
Entrance and Lobby:
Landscaping and Public Areas:
Corridors and lifts:
Materials and Equipment
What is the quality of the materials, furniture, and equipment used in the construction?
This is an evaluation of the quality I observed (ranked from 1 – worst – to 10 – best):
In common areas:
Tiles lobby: 8.5
Tiles corridors: 7
Painting (wall, ceiling): 8
Lighting fixtures: 7
Gym equipment: 7
Pool equipment: 7
In the apartments:
Bathroom equipment: 7
Kitchen equipment: 7
Overall Quality: 7.810
Facilities and Services
What are the facilities provided in the property?
– Swimming pool:
– Other facilities and services:
– Facilities and serviced not pictured here: Sauna, children’s playground, BBQ.
Quality of living
Is the property busy?
Not too much as it is a boutique property.
Is it noisy?
A little bit if your unit is facing Jalan Arteri Permata Hijau.
What is the background of the residents?
The residents are mostly Indonesians.
Are there issues with the electricity supply?
None that I know about.
Are there issues with parking?
None that I know about.
Are there enough lifts?
Are there visible damages?
Yes, there are some damages (for instance the tennis court pictured above). Overall, the condition of the property is still good.
Overall maintenance rating: 7/10
I found the property to be clean.
Overall cleanliness rating: 8/10
The (small) garden is well-maintained.
Overall gardening rating: 8/10
– Guards: On duty at the entrance 24/7
– CCTV cameras: In the lobby
– Access: You need a card to reach your floor
Overall security rating: 8/10
The staff is friendly and professional.
Overall hospitality rating: 8/10
Sizes and Prices of Units
The prices of the apartments may vary depending on many factors such as the floor, the unit type, the room condition and the furnishings.
Be aware that you may also need to pay for additional fees: Service charge, parking fee, electricity and water bills, etc.
Below is an estimation of the prices in Apartemen Permata Hijau:
157m2 with 2 bathrooms, maid room
Average renting price: IDR 26M/month or IDR 312M/year
Average buying price: IDR 4,800,000,000
Estimated service charge: IDR 5,000,000/month
Here are some photos I took of a 2-bedroom unit:
Apartemen Permata Hijau
Jl. Permata Hijau Blok B No.8,
Kebayoran Lama, South Jakarta 12210
I do my best to write honest and detailed reviews of the apartments I visit. If you disagree with my rating, please let me know why and leave your own rating at the end of this page.
- Spacious apartments.
- Unique architecture and luxurious design.
- Not too far from Senayan and walking distance to Bellezza Mall.
- The garden is too tiny.
- Some maintenance issues (for instance, the tennis court).
- Gym equipment already old.
- Swimming pool too small for real swimmers.
- Most apartments on sale need to be refurbished.
Be the first to leave a review.